Thursday, September 1, 2011

Quiet time

About a month and a half before N was born, Z stopped taking naps.  Any naps.  Oh, he'd fall asleep in the car if he was in it at that time of day, and for a while if you weren't careful he'd fall asleep on the living room floor while waiting for dinner.  But no naps.  That week was pretty rough...I'd put him in his crib, he'd cry for 30 minutes and I'd take him out again.  By Wednesday, if I so much as stepped towards the crib while holding him he'd start pitching a fit.  There wasn't any problem at bedtime, just naptime.  His timing was impeccable...just as I was really starting to get worn down by the pregnancy, he took away MY naptime.  Lately, though, it's just been too much having both of them all day.  So a couple weeks ago we started afternoon "quiet time" for Z when N has an afternoon nap.  Sometimes I take a nap too, and sometimes I just listen to the chaos emanating from Z's room.  The times when he naps are vastly outnumbered by the times when it sounds like he's picking up his furniture and throwing it out the window...

No comments:

Post a Comment